AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a quick and possibly idiotic question but I'm pretty new to this.

I have a Samsung TV and a Panasonic Blu Ray. I'm looking into buying a Sony Home Theater.

My question is does it matter that all the brands are different?? The reason I ask is because I know for Sony they have like a 'Bravia Sync' and I think its Vierra for panasonic or something...but i just want to make sure that the systems won't have any problems connecting and playing well together.

They'd all be connected via HDMI 1.3a cables.

Thanks!

·
Registered
38 Posts
should be no problem..the "link" stuff is more for universal remote control I think..

connect blueray to reciever, then reciever to tv...any other video sources would get connected to the reciever only...

get a harmony remote and put all your other remotes back in the boxes...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great! What a relief...Thanks so much for your help. I know its a bit late after your last post but are there any particular Harmony Remotes that I should look into?

Thanks Again!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a harmony 550 that was a gift from the wife and works really good...a harmony 1 is probably what I would look at now though..(most big box stores sell these things, but you will find a much better deal on the net)

these remotes are easy to do a basic setup on as well..I had mine working in about 5 minutes

1 - 4 of 4 Posts