AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope this is the right forum....

Hey guys....first post here. Love all the info. I've read this forum for a long time. Unfortunately I'm a newbie to this so be gentle.

I have built a dedicated HT room in the basment using all the ideas from reading thousands of posts. I have a 12.5' X 19' room. The room is complete from a construction standpoint and now I'm ready for equipment setup. I have a drop ceiling and elected not to prewire. I'm starting from scratch on the wiring. I have the following components...

Pioneer Elite VSX 82TXS

SVS Sub

Sapphire 7:1 Speaker

Direct TV HD Receiver

Oppo DVD

Panasonic PT-AX100U Projector

X-Box 360

Does someone have a diagram and/or info in regards to setup (i.e. which cables to use and how to run where)? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
860 Posts
You elected not to pre-wire?? Did you at least run speaker wire to where your surrounds will go? I hope so. Anyhow....when it comes to cables....don't fall for the high price cables like Monster. Go to www.monoprice.com (AVS approved!!!...just click on the sponsor link) They have good quality cables for a great price. As to diagrams for wiring...your components should have good documentation for that. Everything will run through your receiver so start there. Basically you will run all your cables into your receiver and just run one HDMI cable out to your PJ. Your receiver should convert all inputs into HDMI out (according to their website) which is very good. So basically you should run HDMI from the Oppo into an HDMI input on your receiver and run the XBOX component into the receiver's other video input (Video 1 or whatever), and your DirecTV into the cable/sat input. You should see if there is thread in the receivers section on this receiver. I am sure there is. There are many different ways to do this. Remember HDMI will carry audio/video while component will carry video only so you will need to also get a fiber optic TossLink cable for digital audio from whatever source you are running component video from. MAin thing to remember here....figure out what you need and get them from Monoprice and save a ton of $$$$. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.