AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

setup question for L300U

360 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  beestea 
#1 ·
I have my projector ceiling mounted with the monkey_man mount. I think I have a deffective flange, because the pipe does not hang down perfectly perpendicular to the floor. So I take a level to the bottom of the projector and get it level side to side and front to back.

So if my screen is perfectly level and hangs perfectly vertical I should get a perfectly level square image, right? Well, to have the image on the screen such that the top edge of the screen and the top edge projected image are parallel, I have to raise the left side of the screen about 3/4 of an inch.

I think the rotational adjustment of my projector is slightly off. Anyone else notice this with their projector?

#2 ·
If I understand what you are saying correctly I think you might have the projector mounted straight and level, but the lens is off center from the screen center and you have compensated with a slight "turn" of the projector resulting in some keystoning of the image.

Its hard to visualize but what i usually do... is look at the image projected and then if you see part of the image wider then you know that part of the projector is further back.

I had a similar keystone issue and it just ended up being the projector lens was about an inch off center from the screen. So I remounted it and inch to the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.