AVS Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if the anybody can shed some light on a new setup I'm considering.

Current setup:

-PC with Serviio DLNA media server hardwired to linksys wireless-N router

-Samsung UN55C6300 LED TV with hardwired to router (can handle most media files)

With my current setup I download the torrents and once they're completed, they appear on my Samsung TV ready to play.

All the above is fine and dandy, I'm just looking for a solution where I can play movie files on my TV without my computer being on. I'm pondering the following setup:

-NAS with both USB 2.0 and ethernet connectivity

-Samsung TV as mentioned above

I would like to connect the NAS to the Samsung TV so that the TV can read it like a USB drive. The NAS is hardwired to the router at the same time so that I can just drop torrents for it to download in its built-in torrent software. This way the computer only has to be on only when I drop torrents onto the NAS. The TV can handle most file formats out there including 1080p MKV

My questions are:

-will my proposed setup work?

-is USB 2.0 fast enough to handle 1080P MKV files when plugged directly into the TV? especially if it is downloading something at the same time

-what's the cheapest NAS out there that can do the above with good torrent support?

thanks in advance!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts