AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my plasma on the wall and I ran a plug up inbetween the wall and mounted it in the wall with a cover to be able to access it. Now I want to run a speaker wire up below the TV to put in surround sound (this one would be for the center channel). Can I not run the speaker wire because of the electric line running up there. Will it give me interferance? Is there anything to wrap the wire in to make it work? The speaker wire would have to go inbetween the same studs because of accessiblity. I could prob get it4 inches or so away from the electric line. Help me out guys.

·
Registered
30,627 Posts
It will work fine. Speaker wiring is a very low impedance connection that is unlikely to pick up much by induction.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not challenging your answer, b/c I dont know, but why does crutchfield and all of those type places tell me not to run speaker wire pararell (cant spell) with electric lines? I dont want to spend all this time fishing wire and then find out there is noise. So you think it will be fine? My HDMI is ran directly beside my electric line with no problems. Just want everything to go smoothly.

Thanks for the response

·
Registered
473 Posts
Technically, wires run in parallel can induce currents in each other. Practically, you're not going to notice it. Listen to Kal, he knows what he's talking about.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats good to hear. I didn't honestly know, but I will take your advice. It makes it alot easier on me too. Thanks for the answers so quickly.

C.W.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts