Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure if this post belongs in this forum but here I go:

I am a newbie to the true home theater arena and am designing my a front projection home theater system. I am looking for opinions on my set up and answers to a few questions that I have. Here is a list of the equipment that I have:

Infocus Screenplay ls110 projector

Duece HD Video scaler

Sherwood r963 receiver

Bose acoustimass 15 speakers

The video scaler is not hooked up yet as I am waiting on the svga cable that will connect the scaler to the projector.

Is having the scaler a good idea? My logic is that the scaler can convert the signals to 720p and then pass that along to the projector. Based on that logic, is it worth me buying a progressive scan dvd player and super-vhs player vs. keeping my existing non-progressive scan dvd player and regular vcr?

Will I get alot of scaling artifacts on the display?

I also am looking for help selecting a screen. I am looking at the stewart greyhawk or firehawk. Which one would be better? There is a some ambient light but at most times it will be controlled.

I have posted these questions on several forums and nobody wants to answer. Please help!!

·
Registered
733 Posts
David, have you tried the "Display Devices" or the "Theater Room Items" areas?

·
Registered
276 Posts
David,

Welcome to AVS.

You probably will find folks very willing to offer ideas, but lolittle's point of posting questions in particular forums is a good one.

For instance, you might tailor your email just a bit and then post the video scaler question in the Video Processors Forum . (and/or possibly the Projector Forum )

Your screen question would be best posted in the Screens Forum .

Your DVD/VCR question in the DVD and LD Hardware Forum .

I don't have experience with your equipment (or similar) myself--otherwise I'd try to offer advice more responsive to your actual questions.

Regards

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.