AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on getting a 2.1 setup and most likely will not be upgrading. I am getting the Denon AVR-790, along with one set of speakers and woofer:

Polk Audio RTi A1

Polk Audio RTi A3

Klipsch RB61
Energy CR-10

Energy CB-20

Polk Audio RTi4

Klipsch 10" (RW10D)

Polk Audio 12" (PSW125)

Energy ESW-C10

Velodyne DLS-4000R

Denon AVR-790

Onkyo TX-SR607

I heard the RB61 has very bright highs; will the woofer make up for it?

Also, what would be the pros/cons of getting a HT receiver vs. stereo receiver for a 2.1 setup?

Cheers

·
Registered
872 Posts
Klipsch are known to be bright because of the horns they use. I heard a horned speaker at Radio Shack the other day that sounded quite pleasant. Rtis are also known to be bright also especially with music http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...6#post17712246

For comparison listen to some Infinity Primus models at Frys and warm and neutral Energy RC models like the RC-10.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I would suggest you go listen to them before making a purchase. I would also do more research on subwoofers in the subwoofer forum before deciding to jump on a Polk or Klipsch sub.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was browsing the forums and noticed many suggestions on the BIC/ F12

I should have mentioned this earlier: I am purchasing a 2.1 setup with no budget, as I will be returning them for sure (relatives here on vacation and want all of us to enjoy something more than TV speakers).

In my original post, I added a few extra speakers/subs/receivers (in bold). If one were to choose out of these, which would be the best combination (no budget!)

·
Registered
490 Posts
If you go with the Klipsch, you gotta let them break in before you pass judgements. I have a smaller pair of bookshelves and they sounded thin at first. After they broke in, they really opened up and actually sound very nice now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts