AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all - this is sort of a newb question i'm sure, but i happen to be a newb, so hopefully it's ok...after reading the forums here, i'm very interested in getting the ONKYO HT-S3200 5.1-Channel Home Theater System, but have one lingering issue

In addition to the 5 speakers and subwoofer, I also want to purchase 2 additional outdoor speakers to mount outside on the back patio...i'd like to be able to control these speakers independently (ie - i don't want to be blasting the neighbors out at 1:30 AM while i'm watching Bourne Ultimatum with the system cranked full blast)...so I guess that means i need a receiver with at least one "extra" set of left right outputs that are on their own channel

It looks like the HT-S3200 only has enough speaker outputs for the 5 speakers + subwoofer. What would be my best/cheapest option for being able to mount and power the 2 outside speakers?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
in case anyone out there is as much of a newb as me, the answer is that this system will allow me to do what i want - there is a separate "speaker b" channel, and speaker b is an "extra" pair of outputs that can be played outside of the main listening area....this cnet article confirms it:

http://reviews.cnet.com/home-theater...-33560952.html

"The HT-S3200 can also make use of a B speaker system, a pair of speakers that can be placed outside of the main listening room--perfect for playing music at a party."

·
Registered
198 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts