AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Quote:
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment has announced that they will bring the Will Smith drama 'Seven Pounds' to Blu-ray on March 17th, day-and-date with the DVD release. Sony has put this film on the fast track to home video being that it was released in theaters only a few weeks ago. Video will be presented in 2.40:1 1080p AVC accompanied by a 5.1 Dolby TrueHD soundtrack.
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=2230

Seems a bit early but I guess...

·
Registered
7,828 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDarrylR /forum/post/15463637

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=2230

Seems a bit early but I guess...

Good news, but yes, it's too early! I understand the first weekend is almost all that matters in terms of box office numbers, but still...

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I am curious why it would be considered "too" early by consumers. I mean, if you didnt go to see it in the theaters, wouldn't it be a good thing that it's coming out early?

Just asking...

·
Registered
7,828 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdwright77 /forum/post/15463774

I am curious why it would be considered "too" early by consumers. I mean, if you didnt go to see it in the theaters, wouldn't it be a good thing that it's coming out early?

Just asking...

I still think a theater is the ideal place to watch a movie. Of course I'm happy I won't have to wait months to see it in the comfort of my HT, but seeing them released "too fast" on dvd/Bd, it's like 1/the movie is seen as a financial failure or 2/it's not that good. But that's me. That won't stop me from renting or buying it though. Besides, it's like christmas gifts, the best part is while we wait for them.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I would be 5x as much interested to watch a movie on Blu-ray in my own home theatre than to watch it at the movie theatre. I think everyone has their own feelings on that though.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo /forum/post/15464768

I still think a theater is the ideal place to watch a movie. Of course I'm happy I won't have to wait months to see it in the comfort of my HT, but seeing them released "too fast" on dvd/Bd, it's like 1/the movie is seen as a financial failure or 2/it's not that good. But that's me. That won't stop me from renting or buying it though. Besides, it's like christmas gifts, the best part is while we wait for them.

I gotcha. I guess it's more about what perceptions such an early release create about the movie (which may or may not be warranted) rather than it having some affect on you directly.

Makes sense, but I guess it would only concern me if it was a director / writer I really liked and their ability to keep making movies hinged on how well this release did. Lucky for me...that's not the case here.

Now, March 10th could be a different story when Synecdoche, New York releases. I hope Charlie Kaufman gets to direct another movie sometime down the road.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
What a quick for street date! I just saw it at the theater.The movie is not good as The Persuit of Happyness but still good movie.Believe or not "The Quantum of Solace"which is not a good BOND movie will arrive as a local dvd at 15 Jan. in my country.

·
Registered
9,895 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdwright77 /forum/post/15466881

I

Now, March 10th could be a different story when Synecdoche, New York releases.

I'm not from NY, but that just doesn't read right somehow....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts