AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
34,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian  /t/1521954/seventh-son-jeff-bridges-dragonslayer/0_60#post_24466721

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) Warner Bros. No Longer Releasing this movie. Read why.

No... I simple had to just look.
I have no idea what that means.....

IMDB shows a Feb. 2015 release date and am inclined to believe it.

·
Banned
34,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian  /t/1521954/seventh-son-jeff-bridges-dragonslayer/0_60#post_24466968

Oh ... umm..
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) When you watch the trailer a caption pops up with an old article saying its not coming out anymore. I didnt read it before posting.
I saw that too, but I have no idea what it is referring to...

·
Registered
11,749 Posts
"Seventh Son has switched release dates multiple times. It was originally scheduled for release February 22, 2013, but moved back to October 18, 2013, to complete post production. It again moved from October 18, 2013, to January 17, 2014, due to the film's backer Legendary Pictures parting ways with Warner Bros., who were initially intended to distribute the film. On August 15, 2013, it was announced that Legendary has sold the distribution rights to their new partner Universal Studios which pulled the film off its January 17, 2014 release date. The release of the film has been moved to February 6, 2015."

wiki

·
Registered
7,773 Posts
Is that Prince Caspian? Oh hell I don't care...

Anyone remember when visual effects looked even remotely real and not just plain goofy, with movement that's too fast? "Realistic" is just too boring to attract the average movie goer, I suppose. Glad they still make books...or at least allow access to them on digital devices.

·
Banned
34,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb1  /t/1521954/seventh-son-jeff-bridges-dragonslayer/0_60#post_24468335

Anyone remember when visual effects looked even remotely real and not just plain goofy, with movement that's too fast? "Realistic" is just too boring to attract the average movie goer, I suppose. Glad they still make books...or at least allow access to them on digital devices.
Anyone ever tell you you're not much fun in the morning?

·
Registered
7,773 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink  /t/1521954/seventh-son-jeff-bridges-dragonslayer#post_24468460

Anyone ever tell you you're not much fun in the morning?
My wife would, I'm sure. If I let her speak.

·
Banned
34,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb1  /t/1521954/seventh-son-jeff-bridges-dragonslayer/0_60#post_24468691

If I let her speak.
I thought you said you were a "21st century kinda guy?"

·
Banned
34,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg  /t/1521954/seventh-son-jeff-bridges-dragonslayer/0_60#post_24469212

Looks like Solomon Kane.
I hope it's better....

·
Registered
6,948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb1  /t/1521954/seventh-son-jeff-bridges-dragonslayer#post_24468335

Anyone remember when visual effects looked even remotely real and not just plain goofy, with movement that's too fast? "Realistic" is just too boring to attract the average movie goer, I suppose.

The good old days, when good effects were so expensive, they were only used when the story needed them.

·
Banned
34,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieSwede  /t/1521954/seventh-son-jeff-bridges-dragonslayer/0_60#post_24471733

The good old days, when good effects were so expensive, they were only used when the story needed them.
No argument here.

FWIW, although JB is way too old for swashbuckling (as he proved in that abomination R.I.P.D.), the eye-candy in this trailer calls for a rental, popcorn, and adult beverages.

YMMV.

·
Registered
13,814 Posts
Liam Neeson is like 5 years younger IIRC. He still does fine poking nails into dudes and FIGHTING WOLVES WITH KUMITE FISTS.

·
Registered
10,435 Posts
What's up with that voice Jeff has settled on for his characters? Since True Grit he has been stuck with that annoying, hard to understand voice. True Grit, R.I.P.D., and now Seventh Son.

·
Banned
34,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliens  /t/1521954/seventh-son-jeff-bridges-dragonslayer/0_60#post_24472035

What's up with that voice Jeff has settled on for his characters? Since True Grit he has been stuck with that annoying, hard to understand voice. True Grit, R.I.P.D., and now Seventh Son.
I know...it's ridiculous, the guy is from Southern California.

FWIW, I have seen interviews of him on The Daily Show and he is more than a little odd IMO.

·
Registered
7,773 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink  /t/1521954/seventh-son-jeff-bridges-dragonslayer#post_24472124

he is more than a little odd IMO.
Really? Never would have seen that coming. Not from a prominent actor. You sure?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts