AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to share a Sony BD mega changer between 2 rooms. If I were to use something like a Sewell SW23500 splitter, would that allow me to watch content in one room without signal loss if the second room switches to the changer later? Boy does this HDCP crap suck. It assumes everyone is a thief

Other than the mega changer, each room has all it's own equipment, so for the changer, I'll just run a extra HDMI cable to a second input on the flat screen in room 2.

I think at issue is if the changer can see or handle 2 sets of EDID at the same time and will the splitter pass both at the same time.

I've been using HDMI for a couple of years now but in only one room. Now I'm replacing the kids play room analog tv with a 1080P HD flat screen and thought it would be nice to share the mega changer with them.

·
Super Moderator
21,904 Posts
I have had good success with the Monoprice HDMI-120E3 splitter: it is rated 1.3a and is inexpensive: just return it if it does not work for you

now if both displays have different resolutions, the switch will limit output to the lowest res and that could cause issues with the changer HDMI handshake

your comments about HDMI noted and agreed

·
Registered
6,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The flat screen is 1080P and I'm using a HD Fury (rated at 1080P 60) to feed CRT projector. Do you think this will be a issue?

·
Registered
6,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Christ, I guess I won't worry to much about switching time. I tried two HDMI sources connected directly to the LG flat screen with two HDMI cables and even the display's switching looses contact and has to re-accuire when switching between inputs HDMI-1 and HDMI-2. Both sources were live when I tried switching back and forth. There must be a solution for this that does not require a trip to the bank

·
Super Moderator
21,904 Posts
^^^

well that forces a handshake since there is probably only one HDMI chip in the LG

as to your earlier question about resolution: I don't know the answer

If you are using the Sony 7000ES you have to have 1.3a rated switch to work well

the Monoprice splitter is $60.00: I would try it

·
Banned
13 Posts
This is a new product for Sewell, and it has perfect reviews. I have dealt with Sewell before and their return policy is awesome, so if you had any problems it would be no problem returning it. They have tech support where you actually talk to a person in the United States that speaks English too.

$24.95 for the Sewell HDMI Splitter, a lot cheaper than Monoprice and I bet it would work for you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.