AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a PSHD-105 (Proscan version of the DTC-100) and a Sony SAT HD-100. I did a little side by side comparison and guess what... The garbage and break up/dropout that everyone seems to experience seems to only happen to my Proscan. I've seen very little breakup or even pixelization with the HD-100. I've been impressed with the Sony picture and the ability to receive channels the PSHD-105 was having problems with.

So, my question is this, this appears to be a problem with the DTC-100 & PSHD-105 boxes. Does anyone have any ideas how we could get Thompson to investigate this?

·
Registered
8,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sucker, just kidding.

I guess the topic was a bit misleading. A month or so ago, I had said I'd do a side by side comparison of two different boxes. I was trying to figure out if the image problems were a RCA specific problem or not.

What I've discovered it that I've been having a pretty good time with KPIX on the Sony. Except for some problems Friday night. I just brushed those off as solar storm problems. The picture with the Sony looks WAY better than the Proscan. The picture is almost rock-solid.

Since most people that complained to KPIX were using the RCA hardware I was wanting to let everyone know what my findings were.

·
Premium Member
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, M&K S-125, S-80, MX-90, Windows Media Center 4K HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,621 Posts
It is entirely possible there is nothing "wrong" with the RCA/Proscan, the Sony may just be better at OTA reception. This is one of the hopes of the new stb's, that they perform a notch above the previous 8VSB tuners.

Up to this point, reports show in some locations they are better, in others, not as good.

------------------

"better living thru modern expensive electronics"

tm

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.