AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings. I am experiencing terrible dropouts and focus problems with channel 36 from Direct TV.

Have any SF Bay Area watchers notice this with channel 36 and other local stations via Direct TV?

Regards

Vince

:(

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Hey!

Yeah, I haven't looked at it lately, but it has always looked kinda poor.

Lately I have also noticed sound pops on Fox KTVU channel 2. It is really annoying.

This spot beam satellite has increased the number of channels, but it has cost us in quality I think... :(

Cheers!

DAve.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dave

Poor is mild. Sometimes the picture and sound quality can be compaired to receiving with and outside antenna with multipath distortion.

Channel 7 and 5 are ok. Do not watch a lot of Fox. Just when the Giant's are playing.

The problem (dropouts) on channel 36 is not constant but picture quality is bad every night.

Have a good Memorial Day.

Vince

:)

·
Registered
532 Posts
Although it has nothing to do with HDTV, channel 36's programming is crystal clear over OTA DTV.

·
Registered
139 Posts
The poor picture quality has to do with the signal feed to the uplink, I believe. This is something that DIRECTV can fix soon, I hope.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
I don't get the locals from DTV. Get them via cable via ATT in Bkly.

The picture on sports channel on DTV is noticeably better on DTV than via cable. Tonite's A's/Seattle game was better, i think, on CBS-W on BEV than on 36 via cable.

...mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.