AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for OTA Antenna Experiences, Insights, Recommendations for the Marina and Cow Hollow Area. I have a satellite installer coming and I can have him put up an OTA Antenna as well. After that, I doubt I could get up to the roof to make changes.

It's only a few miles to Sutro Tower, but Pacific Heights is directly in the way. According to antennaweb the tower is directly past the Fillmore/Broadway intersection - one of the highest points in the city.

I'd like to receive NBC channel 12 (vhf) as well which is about 60 degrees further east, also blocked by Pacific Height and quite far away-(70 miles?)

Would a vhf/uhf Medium Directional Antenna (possibly with preamp) pointed at NBC pick up the uhf Sutro stations without significant problems? I think the combined antennas generally have less gain on uhf. Is that a good thing since the tower is so close?

Would a uhf only bowtie or yagi antenna be better?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I think in your case you're going to have to experiment with what works best. Having that big hill in your line of sight is going to hurt your signal - probably lots of multi-path problems.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.