AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a JVC/Dila G11U and i was wondering what I should look for to identify shadowing, it has not been calibrated. is it more noticeable with black and white pictures?

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by kenh:

I have a JVC/Dila G11U and i was wondering what I should look for to identify shadowing, B]

Generally it refers to the red tinge on the left and green on the right of the picture. You can really notice it on my uncalibrated dila on the third picture down. http://www.geocities.com/tryghoff/HTPICTURES.html

Hopefully the Dilard Calibration wizard will cure most of this. Generally I can't see it unless I'm looking for it. But perfection will make me stop looking.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
I see this on my G11 as well.

It's most noticable for me on full field whites or light scenes.

This is an inherent trait of the DILA. I hate to be a party crasher, but I really believe that calibration is not going to cure this condition.

I'd sure like to be wrong, but.........maybe someone who has had calibration could comment.

Chris

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Calibration did eliminate shading (shadowing) problems with my G1000. My G15 had an adjusting screw for ceiling mounting that helped reduce the shading a lot, and then the calibration fixed it completely.

-Dean.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.