AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a loveseat and sofa recliners for my HT. I was going to buy the Crownson TES 100 couch kit for the loveseat to start and if I liked it, I was going to get another one for the sofa. My problem is I can't find a reseller other than Crownson for the couch kits. Does anyone know of one I can contact. I think if I call Crownson, they would just try to talk me into buying it from them, and I would at least like to compare the price to one or two other sources.

On another note, I was wondering if I can hook up a buttkicker II to the loveseat. Mind you that these two pieces of furniture will be on a tile floor for now (That's why I like the Crownsons so far) without a riser (wife decided that it was too much trouble for now), and since these are recliners, I don't think there is a solid frame that runs around the bottom of the loveseat to attach the BKII to.

Any suggestions ?

·
Registered
778 Posts
Flip the couches/recliners foward and look at the frame/mounting options BEFORE you buy any brand/style of shaker. It would suck it they don't fit or have no where to mount AFTER you buy them.

I can't help with the rest. Sorry.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
What sort of wooden frame are we looking for to work with shakers?

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Markito, for a shaker to give a uniform effect through a piece of furniture, you would need to attach it to a part of the frame that runs around the entire piece. The problem with recliners is they are devoid of this type of frame so the ottoman can flip up.

BTW, I was following your light box thread. Glad it worked out for you.

Glenn

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.