AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The speakers will go behind an AT screen so likely they will just be painted black. I am using two silver flute 8" and a dayton audio polyimide compression driver with a diysoundgroup 6" conical waveguide in a ported vertical MTM configuration. Here is the start of the enclosure build.

Attachments

·
Registered
345 Posts
when you're all done please post the pics in the WAF thread because these are looking like champs in that regard!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I still have to make the grills for the lower section of the columns. I will try to get some better pics once the lower grills are in place. Then I will have to wait a few paychecks to start the cabinet work for the subwoofers that will be below the screen. I'm on a tight budget and have to work on this as funds allow.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So I thought I would throw this out there and possibly entertain a different sub idea. Do you guys have any suggestions for horn loaded sub ideas? Considering putting maybe 3 subs in the attic with the horn mouth opening through the ceiling directly above the screen. Looking at maybe using fairly inexpensive dayton subs.......dvc385-88 possibly. I don't have alot of power (around 100-125wpc, or 200-250 total per dvc sub. I do have up to 9 channels available though) which is why I am looking at the horn idea with dvc subs. Thanks in advance for any ideas?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm not opposed to ib at all. I just don't have much budget for subs and I don't have much power per channel so I am thinking more coils and more cone area to compensate. Either 4 dvc subs in order to use 8 channels of amp or 4-8 single voice coil subs.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts