AVS Forum banner

941 - 960 of 1006 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
In the first season Lip was supposed to be a genius even Ace'ing his SATs. I guess that shows what smoking and drugs will do! :)

·
Registered
8,767 Posts
In the first season Lip was supposed to be a genius even Ace'ing his SATs. I guess that shows what smoking and drugs will do! :)
I thought his problem was alcohol, which led to him being thrown out of college.

The writers want to have it both ways. These kids are poor but whip smart and sexy as hell.

Yet they can't get too successful or else they leave the hood and maybe lift the whole family out of poverty. It's kind of like the TWD trap. They can't have character or story development which leads to the end of the show.

They're in season 9 or 10 and they want to keep going, keep cashing those checks.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I thought his problem was alcohol, which led to him being thrown out of college.

The writers want to have it both ways. These kids are poor but whip smart and sexy as hell.

Yet they can't get too successful or else they leave the hood and maybe lift the whole family out of poverty. It's kind of like the TWD trap. They can't have character or story development which leads to the end of the show.

They're in season 9 or 10 and they want to keep going, keep cashing those checks.
Yea I probably should have added ... to the list.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I know people grow up but:

• Frank - is a liver transplant recipient and supposedly on daily meds so why is he still alive.
  • Fiona - in the beginning was all about keeping the family together and she bails
  • Lip - is supposed to be a genius and yet they show none of his genius skills today
  • Ian - meh
  • Debbie - It's hard to believe Fiona did not understand Debbie enough that she did not think she would blow the 50K.
  • Carl - probably more interesting of the group
  • Liam - Will they ever explain his full backstory
  • Kevin/V - Why are they part of this show?

Predictions:

Frank - dies
  • Fiona - makes a token video mention as I heard they filmed something before she left
  • Lip - moves to Wisconsin
  • Ian - moves in with Milkovich or gets Aids
  • Debbie - stays in the house and raises Franny
  • Carl - gets to be Police Chief of southside
  • Liam - leaves and nobody notices
  • Kevin/V win the lottery

·
Registered
9,040 Posts
I'm thinking of dropping Showtime after Homeland ends. I also think that the premium cable channel era is over too. Who needs them with the streaming options? (And I actually get Showtime streaming).

·
Registered
16,794 Posts
I'm thinking of dropping Showtime after Homeland ends. I also think that the premium cable channel era is over too. Who needs them with the streaming options? (And I actually get Showtime streaming).
I've got a bit under a year left on my HBO / Showtime / STARZ package at $15 total a month .. I've about decided, when that deal is over, unless I can get it again, I'll cancel all three .. if a person can wait until entire Seasons of whatever it is they want to watch fully drop, then take a month streaming and binge it out for 30 days, cancel and wait a year until the new hits .. movies that they all carry either have no interest for me or I probably have already rented the ones that do ..

I took Disney+ for a 7 Day Free run and in under 7 days, exhausted all I had interest in .. and, it was really not that time consuming ..

·
Registered
8,767 Posts
Cable TV companies make it a hassle to turn on and off premium channel subscriptions so I just let it go.

Most of the time there is something I'll watch.

HBO is definitely expanding original programming. Presumably Showtime will expand as well, because they have no choice.

They haven't quite hit on something as big as some of the HBO shows, though Homeland had buzz the first coupe of seasons.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I guess it’s best this show ends. My goodness this week’s episode had so much stupidity.Each character’s storyline is ridiculous this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Cable TV companies make it a hassle to turn on and off premium channel subscriptions so I just let it go.

Most of the time there is something I'll watch.

HBO is definitely expanding original programming. Presumably Showtime will expand as well, because they have no choice.

They haven't quite hit on something as big as some of the HBO shows, though Homeland had buzz the first coupe of seasons.
I at one time was paying over $300 a month for cable, phone and internet. With the streaming currently available I am under $100 for all three. I don't even need a DVR at all anymore because all the content I watch is available for at least a month and usually the entire series commercial free. Turning on and off subscription like Showtime is one click on their website as Hulu hosts them as well as Amazon prime. I would never go back to cable. It does require a no cap ISP that I do have although it is rather slow by todays standards at 12Gb it is fast enough for two streams with no issue. 4K is a problem but my only other choice would more then triple my ISP cost that I am not willing to do.

·
Registered
20,242 Posts
‘Shameless’ Gets Premiere Date For 11th & Final Season On Showtime

Showtime has set Sunday, December 6 at 9 PM for the premiere of the 11th and final season of its hit dramedy series Shameless.

The network’s longest-running series started production on its final season on September 8 following the COVID-19 imposed shutdown. (It was originally slated to start filing in the spring for a summer 2020 run.) The series aired its Season 10 finale on January 26 and averaged 5.7 million weekly viewers across platforms.

Starring William H. Macy, Jeremy Allen White, Ethan Cutkosky, Shanola Hampton, Steve Howey, Emma Kenney, Cameron Monaghan, Christian Isaiah, Noel Fisher and Kate Miner, the final season finds the Gallagher family and the South Side at a crossroads, with changes caused by the COVID pandemic, gentrification and aging to reconcile. As Frank (Macy) confronts his own mortality and family ties in his alcoholic and drug induced twilight years, Lip (White) struggles with the prospect of becoming the family’s new patriarch. Newlyweds Ian (Monaghan) and Mickey (Fisher) are figuring out the rules and responsibilities of being in a committed relationship while Deb (Kenney) embraces her individuality and single motherhood. Carl (Cutkosky) finds an unlikely new career in law enforcement and Kevin (Howey) and V (Hampton) struggle to decide whether a hard life on the South Side is worth fighting for.

Created by Paul Abbott, the series is produced by Bonanza Productions in association with John Wells Productions and Warner Bros. Television. Developed for American television by John Wells, the series is executive produced by Wells, Nancy M. Pimental, Joe Lawson, Iain MacDonald and Michael Hissrich.

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
BTW, the actress who plays Svetlana is in the second season of Condor. Actually speaks Russian dialog in several scenes.
That's awesome!

Svetlana is the only one who made the US Shameless palatable for me. Otherwise, compared to the original UK version, it was mostly dreck.

I mean... I love William H. Macy, but David Threlfall will always be the real Frank Gallagher to me!

941 - 960 of 1006 Posts