AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, anyone else check out this new show last night on ABC?

Granted, it's mindless filler, but I liked the concept. Even though I'm not a basketball fan and never was a big Shaq fan, he is clearly made for TV with his personality.

Anyway, the concept for those that don't know is Shaq feels like this may be his last year in the NBA and he wants to get in the best shape of his life by crosstraining at different sports. With this crosstraining, he is challenging other sports stars at their chosen profession to see if he can beat them. Of course there are concessions made as Shaq's challenge is not as difficult as the other pro's are to make it more even.

Last night he took on Ben Roethlisberger of the Pittsburgh Steelers in a quarterback challenge. Even though Shaq lost, he actually looked pretty good out there and took Ben to the limit.

Anyway, just curious if others watched this and what you thought of it.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,682 Posts
I tried, but I couldn't stay with it.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Dude,

Post a SPOILER if you're going to give away the results ... j/k!

I actually recorded it and intended to watch it last night, but didn't get around to it. I think I'll give it a shot and watch it.

Shaq's highly entertaining and there's nothing else on. Besides, it's only on for 5 or 6 episodes, right? I'm looking forward to the beach volleyball challenge.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Totally scripted, as is al reality TV IMO. Watch Shaq's second TD pass, all 7 defenders are just standing in the middle of the field like lost sheep while Shaq throw one to a guy wide open in the endzone. Fun to watch, but totally fake. I doubt Shaq would have agreed to do it if he couldn't some what "compete."

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,682 Posts
TVBizwire

Shaq Goes One on One With Nielsen … and Loses

NYTimes

NBA superstar Shaquille O’Neill’s new reality show premiered on ABC Tuesday night, and according to the New York Times, the giant failed to conquer in the Nielsen ratings.

“Shaq Vs.” drew just 4.3 million viewers, lagging behind NBC’s “America’s Got Talent” – which won the night – as well as CBS’s “Big Brother” and Fox’s “Hell’s Kitchen.”

--Allison J. Waldman

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.