AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the in-home sharing work between the 5000 and 5500?

I would guess that it does, since they are running the same software, but can someone confirm/deny?

(Did sharing between 5000 and 4500 ever come to pass?)

·
Premium Member
4,316 Posts
Yep, all 5xxx models do/will run the same software, and can share (stream) shows to and from. The 4xxx/5xxx 'sharing' promise is what turned into the the 45xx upgrade to 50xx program (50xx to 45xx if you wanted).

·
Registered
606 Posts
It has been reported that In-home streaming (record on one, watch on the other) works. You should be able to watch shows regardless of which unit it was recorded on. However, you will only get to use CA if you are watching on the 5000.

I am not sure about in-home sharing (copy from one unit to the other), but obviously you can't do IVS with the 5500.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I can verify that In-Home Video Sharing (streaming) between a 5000 and 5500 unit works just fine.

But no, you can't *send* a show from one unit to another. I know there are people who find a benefit in doing this, but very very few users have this need.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Right. DVArchive is a better destination for shows you want to copy or move off an RTV. If you've got >1 5xxx on the local network, you've gotta have DVArchive. It's the law (or at least it *should* be)!

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Can anyone confirm that DVA still works with 5500s?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.