AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to play an audio CD (redbook) that is placed on a different CD drive on a network? What software would you use and how would you do it if possible? I have XP on all machines on the network.

I have MC9 and I have not found a way to do it. The jriver forum was of no help either.

Thanks

Pablo

·
Registered
137 Posts
1) On the PC with the drive, share the drive to all users on the network.

2) On the other PC, the one without the drive, map to the drive via network. In any Explorer window, under Tools, see "Map Network Drive".

Depending on your network and PC's, it may take a few minutes for the network to refresh, but you should then be able to use that drive just like any other drive. The PC without the drive will assign a drive letter to the shared resource.

Richard

·
Registered
29 Posts
Unfortunately, as far as I've seen you can't play redbook audio if there's no physical connection (either by cable or over the PCI bus) between the drive and the soundcard. So, a network connection won't help you. If you were to populate a CD with computer audio files (wav, mp3, wma, etc.) then you can play those over a network, but not the redbook files on a standard audio CD.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RPack,

Unfortunately that does not work for redbook CD playback. I am not THAT green on this stuff...

Kudzu, that is what I am afraid of, but I read in this forum that someone was playing DVD movies remotely and I thought that may be there is a way...

Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.