AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my HT computer in the same room as a 92 inch screen. I use my "HT" computer for paying bills, programming remotes, etc. I'd like to be able to allow my children to watch a show while I'm doing something else on my computer (which has its own monitor).

I can extend the desktop onto both my computer's monitor and my 92 inch screen. However, when I put the windows media center's window on the 92 inch screen, then maximize the WMC window, my mouse pointer gets stuck in the WMC window, and I can't get it back to the desktop on my computer's monitor.

Is there a way to maximize a WMC window on one monitor, while still allowing me to use my mouse in the other monitor? Thank you.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hit the windows key on the keyboard. You can then move your mouse over to the monitor you wish to use. When you minimize or close a program on this monitor your mouse may jump back to the display using WMC. Just repeat as needed.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
You'll constantly find yourself having to take the focus away from the wmc screen and not only have to do it once. Wmc isn't designed to work this way when in full screen mode. You may be better off running wmc in window mode and sizing the window to fill in your tv display.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you very much. The keyboard I'm using does not have a windows key. (I have to use a small keyboard, so there's not even a number pad.)

I can resize WMC to the window, and on a 92 inch screen the size isn't bad (obviously). It's just it personally drives me crazy to see the window, but my daughter doesn't seem to mind.

·
Registered
764 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctviggen /forum/post/19625554

Thank you very much. The keyboard I'm using does not have a windows key. (I have to use a small keyboard, so there's not even a number pad.)

I can resize WMC to the window, and on a 92 inch screen the size isn't bad (obviously). It's just it personally drives me crazy to see the window, but my daughter doesn't seem to mind.

Download VLC and watch it on that. Curser won't get stuck any more.

BT

1 - 7 of 7 Posts