AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this projector for work presentations since I'm always traveling and needed something portable to carry with me. I normally hook this thing up to my netbook and do powerpoint presentations but its hook up to my iphone this time. I wanted to do some test shots on an uneven surface since this was the only big space in my house with an empty wall. Unfortunately my blinds don't lay flat! But I was still happy with the results!

Opened box with iphone (look how small and portable it is)

this is what im projecting on so don't expect the greatest image It's a totally uneven surface!

Menu pictures with different lighting

Pixar museum picture with different lighting

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Do you need a special adapter or app on your iphone to hook it up?

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Would this projector be suitable for a 60" image on a spare bedroom setup? Completely light-controlled, fed a 720p signal, DIY fixed screen....?

·
Registered
1,514 Posts

·
Registered
3,801 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts

really i recommended that aaxa m2 in that thread ,I have had one for a while

Quote:
hdmi choices start at 300$ acer k11 optoma pk301 , aaxa m2,Samsung SP-H03

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eat meat
really i recommended that aaxa m2 in that thread ,I have had one for a while
Ahh...sorry. So you have an AAXA as well? What do you project on? I'm going to get MMan to suggest a high-gain paint for my and I should build a 60" or so screen....just need to find an AAXA distributor in Canada...

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
1.0 gain pull down matte white,have used sheets in motels/hotels because of wallpaper and pictures that are nailed on walls.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
forums were down today so i couldnt respond to your post.

@chumpchange21-Do you need a special adapter or app on your iphone to hook it up?

aaxa sells an iphone adapter that uses the iphones headphone jack as a video output. I believe the cable is also sold at the apple store but im assuming itll cost more there.

@Favelle- in a completely light controlled environment, id say it would work out great even with a 720p signal. As for screen recommendations i cant really help with anything big. My friend gave me some small pop up screen for my desk which i use when i want to use the projector as a second screen to watch shows or movies while i work on my laptop.

if you have any other questions i can try to test it on my m2 for you. but i think its a pretty good product.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Thanks guys....I custom-built my 120" screen for my Epson 8350, so building a 50-60"-er for this would be nothing...piece of cake!

·
Registered
3,801 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by peatreat /forum/post/20810303

what did you make your other screen out of?

Gator board, painted with MaxxMudd, with a 1x3" velvet-wrapped border...

Dynamite.....but I'll need more gain for one of these little projectors...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.