AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took an chance and saw this on a nice warm Friday evening before Labor Day in Oak Park (IL). The movie itself was not bad at all, I've seen far worse. Suprisingly, I don't remember much cussing and don't remember any shown nudity. The 3D was the only disappointment. You would think that this type of movie would have a lot of pop outs but very rarely was the plane broken. The depth was also not as great as you would like. The under water scenes were better than on the surface. Not sure if this was shot in 3D or not but overall I'd rate the 3D a 3 out of 5. I think 3D Hollywood movies will get even better (technically) as the learning curb is mastered but IMAX features continue to impress me more overall when it comes to 3D depth and pop outs.

·
Registered
8,441 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbug /forum/post/20901508

...Suprisingly, I don't remember much cussing and don't remember any shown nudity. The 3D was the only disappointment...

No cursing, no nudity and disappointing 3D?
Then what fun was it?
Next you are going to say it doesn't have sharks.

·
Registered
16,316 Posts
Probably a conversion. Even Jaws had a bit o' nudity at the beginning... so I wouldn't call "no nudity" a plus.

And yes, Virginia, Jaws is still the finest killer shark movie ever filmed (and a superior all around movie as well). The fact that the shark wasn't even the star and the story centered around character development (Brody, Quint, and Hooper) made it even better.

·
Premium Member
4,596 Posts
I went to this on opening day at the first showing of the day. Movie wise it was so so. I enjoyed it though. The underwater scenes had great depth but the rest of the movie was pretty flat. Not a very good example of 3d IMO.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Its Real ......

http://www.3dtv.com/news-reviews/rev...hark-night.php

Future reference .....

http://realorfake3d.com/

Saw this Movie today , enjoyed the Movie & I Enjoyed the 3D Also

I'm starting to think the 3D quality comes down to how & where you watch these 3D movies , I saw this in a Sony 4K Muvico Pepsi Max Theater (Dead center) & was impressed.

Its frustrating to me If you watched this Movie & cannot tell it was shot in native 3D ....

·
Registered
29,354 Posts
It's a native 3D production. Director David Ellis previously shot The Final Destination in native 3D.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.