AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ive tried using this TV as a monitor for several computers and I cant seem to get any GOOD picture out it? On the last computer I tried it on there were pixels that would flicker different colours on various line segments of the screen, and the icons etc looked jagged and unlear, same with fonts. This was being used on the "dot to dot" view mode, as all others are useless...

Is this a case of all my computers not having a good enough video card? I dont think that is it because the last one I tried runs an Apple 23" Cinema Display at 1900 x 2000 perfectly...

I need to know because I dont have much time to return this TV...however I dont have the computer it will be used on yet to see what it will look like for sure...(Mac Pro with NVIDIA GeForce 7300GT 256MB)

Can someone with this TV please verify that you can get it running as a monitor looking perfectly? (no flickering lines/jagged edged icons)

·
Registered
286 Posts
This doesn't sound right b/c I use a 37" 42U set with my G4 powerbook via the PC in VGA (XGA) and it looks great, so I imagine your set should do at least the same. I've also used it via a dvi to hdmi cable and it also looks great- no jagged edges at all. I just tested it again looking for ghosting and image retention and there was none on my set, but it's not the 62U. Did you test different display settings? If so, it sounds like you might want to return this set. Hopefully someone with this set will chime in.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the replies,

The distance is 1 foot as its on my desk and is acting as a monitor...

Jose, I tried different settings but they were only stretching the imaging, and that is usless as you cant see everything, or its the wrong aspect ratio...

This is really disapointing because its such a great TV for gaming, but if it wont act as a excellent monitor, I cant justify keeping it...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.