AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't get DVI-D to work. I haven't even got to using Powerstripe yet. I am basically just trying to get the desktop to come up in DVI-D.

1280x1024 is a supported DVI-D resolution by the 10K. The Catalyst driver indicates at "Sharp xv" series display so it sees the projector. But the 10K will not display anything. I also tried other supported resolutions.

DVI-A does work however. I am also trying a borrowed Samsung TIR150 STB with DVI tonight out to make sure the projector is OK but I think it is and the problem is the PC.

My goal is to use Powerstripe to get native 1280x720 with the Holograph Scaler card. I also need dual output. That is VGA and DVI-D at the same time as I have a local computer monitor. I don't care is this display is distorted at 1280x720.

Any Ideas?

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have DVI-D working, but with a GeForce4. When you boot up, do you see anything, and then the blank screen when it gets into windows? Or do you just see the blank screen the whole time?

One thing you do need to do to get 1280x720 to work correctly is set the Sharp's Input Type to Digital RGB Video, and not Digital RGB PC before booting into windows. The PC setting won't tell your video card that 1280x720 is a supported resolution. Why they did this, I don't know. It would have been nice for the projector to list that as an available resolution. I could not even get this to work in Powerstrip as a custom resolution. Windows kept rejecting it.

Chris

·
Premium Member
2,468 Posts
With the ATI cards, I find you must have the projector powered on first, then power up the PC. Otherwise the ATI will output via analog VGA.

A while back Chris Dallas brought over his Sharp 10000 and we easily got it up running running via DVI oout of my Radeon 9500 without a problem.

- Andy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.