AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched the forum, but could not really find an answer for my question, so please be gentle if this has already been asked, and I didn't find it.

I'm about to pull the trigger on a Sharp 10k projector. I'm building a theater with complete light control that is going to be roughly 19.5' x 14'. I'm thinking of somewhere in the 106" with two rows of seating.

What type of screen should I use? I'm already way over budget, so the Stewarts aren't a viable option for me at this point. Also will 106" be to large of a screen?

Thanks for your help,

mikebaby

·
Banned
6,051 Posts
The Dalite HCCV would make for a good replacement for the Stewart Firehawk and I a 106 is fine in regards to your throw distance. You can place the projector anywhere from 13 feet 11 to 18 feet 11. The first row should be no less than 1.5 times the screen width.

Give me a call if you have question concering pricing or materials

·
Registered
760 Posts
mikebaby

I just "pulled the trigger" on a Sharp10K and ordered my HCCV material today from Daniel! Great price (about 1/4 the cost of Firehawk raw material).

Hopefully we'll both have great results, but I have faith :)

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
mikebaby,

not to step on anyones toes, but Sharp will be releasing their new line of projectors in november, including the 9000 and 10000 series replacements. Of note is that the 9000 series replacement will have DVI. So...you might want to wait to see if one of these projectors will be better for you, or if you still want the 10K it should come down considerably in price when the new models are released.

Russ

·
Registered
760 Posts
Russ,

Thanks for the heads up. I was fully aware of this, and due to the planned release of the 12000U I was able to get a better price on the 10000U.

It's good that you mention it though, for others though :)

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I saw the 10K on a Firehawk and Studiotek screen of the same size. 110" diagonal, the blacks on the 10K is excellent that I do not think there is a need for a gray screen. I preferred the picture on on the white studiotek (brighter scenes were more convincing). and of course Blacks were still deep.

James

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.