Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Can someone give a newbie some quick advice? I've searched the archives to no avail. I've just purchased a new Aquos 32GD4U and cannot get the the coaxial digital cable input to work. I've got the cable working as a video input but I can't get any signal with the cable input. I have the comcast digital cable box and I've tried coming out of the box and straight out of the wall. This may seem to be an easy question but I would really appreciate any help.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I am not 100% sure but if the Aquos is new I believe you have to run the channel scan so that it picks up the available channels from that input. I have a Sharp LCD monitor with tuner and I had the same problem...wouldn't show anything until I ran the channel scanner on the coaxial input.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've tried running the the channel scanner on analog A, analog B and digital. What settings did you scan for? I'm guessing it should come up on the digital input. I'm not sure what the analog inputs are. Are they connected to the same coaxial input?

·
Registered
138 Posts
If you're using a STB then run its RF output into the ANALOG cable input. But that should be a last resort. Ideally run the component/ composite/ or S-video output from your STB into one of the Sharp's dedicated inputs.

If you don't use a STB you have to SPLIT the cable signal into the ANALOG and DIGITAL tuners/inputs on the Sharp. Then run the channel scan for both which will take a *long* time for the digital tuner. Watch analog stations with the analog tuner, digital stations with the digital tuner...

If you did that and you still can't see anything, then you might have other issues. I do. My GD6U is in the shop right now because the digital tuner quit on me! Let me know if you find yourself in the same boat.

--Jim

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, I have the STB but the only video output on it is rca. Can the LCD recognize analog vs. digital through this connector? Is this the best picture option?

·
Registered
4,330 Posts
Hi robbiesurp,

RCA is used for both composite (one RCA connection) and component (three RCA connections usually labeled Y, Pr, and Pb). Component is the only way you can transmit a digital Hi Def signal to the unit. Composite won't do it.

With that said I believe that you will find the component connection to offer the best pic available. FWIW, I just received my LC26GA4U and am messing around with it as we speak.

Make sure you set your STB to output a 720p signal. That way you will get the best match with Hi Def content and your display.

Hang out...do some searching, ask some questions.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a comcast motorola digital STB. I've looked at the setup and can't find any settings to change the resolution. Where can I find info on this? There is also no component video output on the STB. Thanks again for all of the help.

·
Registered
4,330 Posts
Call comcast and ask for a new box, you have a digital STB. You may be getting digital but that doesn't mean it's High Definition.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.