AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I recently bought a Sharp 37"LCD TV model LC-37DB5U. I have a generic black DirecTV reciever. I cannot seem to get the Sharp remote to work with the receiver. I tried all the codes in the manual, but no luck. Does anyone here know of a different code or solution?

Also, the DirecTV universal remote does not work intemittenly with the receiver. Does this have anything to do with the backlight from the TV?

Thanks

· Premium Member
1,988 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lzk4 /forum/post/0

Hi

I recently bought a Sharp 37"LCD TV model LC-37DB5U. I have a generic black DirecTV reciever. I cannot seem to get the Sharp remote to work with the receiver. I tried all the codes in the manual, but no luck. Does anyone here know of a different code or solution?

If its one of the following models then you're out of luck, no code: D10, D11, r15, H10, H20, HR20.

Quote:
Also, the DirecTV universal remote does not work intemittenly with the receiver. Does this have anything to do with the backlight from the TV?

Thanks

Yes, it does. Turn off the backlight feature an the remote should work fine.

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks.

I played with the settings and its the OPC feature (Optimum Picture Control) thats causing the remote problem, esp when the lights are turned down. Turn up the lights or disable OPC, and the remote works fine

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.