AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, gals,

Fell in love with the sharps since day one and now that I own one, I've had nothing but problems with the HDMI ports.

I have 2 HDMI ports in use currently. One for my HD cable box and one for my Toshiba upconverting DVD player. When I plug everything in correctly - HDMI from sources into TV and Optical from TV to receiver, nothing happens through my surround system. The only audio there is, is from the TV itself.

Has anyone run into this problem with this model or any similar sharp and how did you solve it?

I don't feel like my current setup is how it should be (im temporarily running coax digital from the STB and the DVD player for temporary surround into my receiver) because it is not making use of HDMI properly.

The optical cable also (just to throw in) is dim. I've used 6 cables and they are all dim as opposed to being bright. This is also the third sharp so I know it's not the units and the cables work on my PS2.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok so after hours of pointless help as I solved this myself in the previous posting, they told me that what I did was correct with the HDMI interfaces.

So of course I say, "If your TV is going to handle HDMI inputs that way, what's the point of HDMI?"

i lol'd

Anyways, I'm sharing the answer.

Cheers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.