AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
Cool. Obviously Sharp realizes it needs to improve scale to start competing with the PDP guys. Still 3000-6000 a month is pitiful when just Panasonic is in the 150,000 units a month range and planning to double capacity pretty much every year till 2007.


Surprised at the demand for 65" televisions. Anyone on this board placed an order for those yet. Do tell. They are 1366x768 so surprising.


I assume you mean Sharp not Sanyo.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32,172 Posts
Hey, we gotta take what we can get on the Sharp. A doubling is a beginning. :)


As for Matsushita, I find it hard to believe they thought the demand would be that small.


Mark
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,669 Posts
Love all this news of flat panels really selling but the interesting thing here to me was the Sony is releasing a Qualia 46" LCD at a price of 1.1 million yen I think it said. Whats that in american money?Whats the exchange rate? I like that sharp is selling so many 45" LCDs.Its sounds like an awesome LCD and can't wait to see it at my local Best Buy. J.H.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,626 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dusty144
Cool. Obviously Sharp realizes it needs to improve scale to start competing with the PDP guys. Still 3000-6000 a month is pitiful when just Panasonic is in the 150,000 units a month range and planning to double capacity pretty much every year till 2007.


Surprised at the demand for 65" televisions. Anyone on this board placed an order for those yet. Do tell. They are 1366x768 so surprising.


I assume you mean Sharp not Sanyo.
I question the 150,000 per month figure......no way Jose.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32,172 Posts
Mike, Panasonic and Samsung both supply on the order of 25% of the global PDP market and both are going by forecasts showing 7+ million panels annual volume not that far out. What they are doing now, what they are doing in own-brand TVs, etc. are, of course, other matters.


Mark
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by J.H.
Love all this news of flat panels really selling but the interesting thing here to me was the Sony is releasing a Qualia 46" LCD at a price of 1.1 million yen I think it said. Whats that in american money?Whats the exchange rate? I like that sharp is selling so many 45" LCDs.Its sounds like an awesome LCD and can't wait to see it at my local Best Buy. J.H.
At todays bank to bank rate it is $10,256.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,626 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by rogo
Mike, Panasonic and Samsung both supply on the order of 25% of the global PDP market and both are going by forecasts showing 7+ million panels annual volume not that far out. What they are doing now, what they are doing in own-brand TVs, etc. are, of course, other matters.


Mark
Hi Mark.....possible but unlikely. Are you saying under the Panasonic name? They sure don't show up on intelect data. Send me your email and I'll send you data.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top