AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bought a 45 lcd...with no avs box...deal ok i believe $5900 with 5yr in home warranty.

from what i have read...it appears i want the "AVS BOX" for instillations, changes in hookups and upgrades(if any)...it will hang about 3-4 feet from the components...i do live in old beach house so the 20 pounds less on the wall might be a good consideration.

has anyone verified or had experience with the avs box or not...sharp on the phone told me it was the exact same tv??

should it cost more money to change or less?

thanks in advance guys

·
Registered
269 Posts
same TV, except all the connections occur in the sep box. I like that design better, apparently, Sharp disagrees.

ALSO: sep avc box can be "hacked" to run 1920x1080p DVI connection straight to the panel.

If you do not intend to use a computer, and will not be fiddling around with connections everyday, I say enjoy the set

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the info

using a computer is easier thru the avs box setp?

is the price the same on these units...i will need to call to make the change today

thanks

·
Registered
437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mack99
thanks for the info

using a computer is easier thru the avs box setp?

is the price the same on these units...i will need to call to make the change today

thanks
If you even remotely want to use that full 1080p display, then you want the one with the external AVS Box. The internal box will not except an external 1080p signal AT ALL. So yeah, if you want a 1080p display that can't accept a 1080p signal, sure keep the one you have. But I sure wouldn't...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.