AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought the SHARP 52" HDTV...#LC52SB55U...sweet deal at BEST BUY $1299...i have a problem with the HD picture, seems the picture is too large for the screen...some of the top and bottom of the picture is cutoff...i tried the position option on the setup panel but that doesn't help...anyone come across this problem?

thanks

·
Registered
923 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbctrader /forum/post/15451303

I just bought the SHARP 52" HDTV...#LC52SB55U...sweet deal at BEST BUY $1299...i have a problem with the HD picture, seems the picture is too large for the screen...some of the top and bottom of the picture is cutoff...i tried the position option on the setup panel but that doesn't help...anyone come across this problem?

thanks

There is a button on your remote that controls this.. I believe it's called "Display"

Set this to "Dot by Dot"

If you are using a set top box, set the output to 1080i.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Depending on who your cable/sat provider is, check to see if it is set correctly. Dish Net has options that "stretch" and "zoom" the picture that can be adjusted by hitting the "Page" up and down buttons.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the posts on the picture size i found the cable menu with the option that corrected it. I have noticed a problem with what looks like lines of sparking pixels...they look kinda like worms, long strings if sparkling pixels. It's most apparent in the color red and around the jaw line of faces....anyone seen this affect?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts