AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A 60" LCD by Sharp- First Quarter of 04. Yum-Yum.

Article Here!

Dave

·
Registered
4,330 Posts
and it will only cost ~$20,000??? Heck, by 1st qtr 04 you'll be able to get a 60" plasma for ~$8,500 (maybe). ;)

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
If only the next generation larger Aquos´ were also to include dramatically higher contrast and also would fully display 720p(projecterexpert.com says that it has a soft image), then we would have an awesome display!

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
VBS: I agree.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I don't think the big LCD's that will be out by early next year (Sharp, Samsung) will be priced the way people think (i.e. $20,000). When they come out, they will be competing directly with plasmas that are in the $5,000 range (even the top of the line plasmas at the B&M's will be under $6,000 by then).

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
But wouldn´t it be great to have 720p, because the latest DVD players scale to that resolution and I´d think that 720p LCD´s should be cheaper than 1080p?

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
Jsl10, what you say is logical, but unlikely. Sharp is releasing the 37" at $7,500 MSRP. Although prices might decline quickly, they are not going to fall anywhere near fast enough to allow these jumbo LCDs to be priced competitive. That would be more than a little stunning, unless plasma prices don't fall.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.