AVS Forum banner

101 - 120 of 2514 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
375 Posts
I noticed on Sharp's Facebook page that these sets will be available @ Sears in Canada in mid-August, so one would assume that they would also be available in Sears' stores across the U.S. as well. Still curious to find out if Best Buy will be carrying them, since they do stock Sharp Aquos tv's.


Also I wonder how these new LED tv's from Sharp will compare with either Samsung's top performing LCD, the LNB750 or even their LED edge-lit series in terms of PQ, viewing angles and motion. I know Sharp is using their next-generation panel for the new LED's and was interested to find out how it stacks up to the UCP (Ultra Clear Panel) from Samsung.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecgz88 /forum/post/16904276


52XS1U is 4K now

Really? Where?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,457 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenzow /forum/post/16904849


Really? Where?

yup! I saw dat too
abt a month ago, thinking no one was serious about this sexy lean babe
I can think abt if 65 inch is close by
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
489 Posts
I saw the 46" 700u today. Unfortunately they didn't have a BR running through it, just a split out DVD signal. It' is a very "blocky" design and not really asthetically pleasing. But when the screen goes dark it goes pitch black. Other than that the colors looked good but I didn't play with it at all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
375 Posts
I wonder what major retailers in the U.S. will be carrying these sets? Also would be curious to see how they compare to Samsung's LNB750 series, which is not LED but is considered to be the top LCD with 240hz.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
283 Posts
I hope my dealer gets these in this weekend like he said,if its real nice,im buying..........if its not nice,its a lg lh90 for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
375 Posts
The key to these Sharp LED's will be how they handle motion (sports and action movies) and when playing back Blu-ray movies. According to Sharp's press release there is supposed to be a speacial dejudder feature that will playback any film based content on both the 52" and 46" sets. Hopefully that will reduce the SOE on these tv's. Also it would be pretty interesting to see how these LED's stack up against the XS1 series, purely in terms of picture quality and performance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,615 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoro /forum/post/16904987


yup! I saw dat too
abt a month ago, thinking no one was serious about this sexy lean babe
I can think abt if 65 inch is close by

I think that this is worth it. The XS1 is the best LCD set that I have seen in a mass market release by far, followed by the XBR8. If I could afford it I would replace my current 52" with this in a heartbeat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,457 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNG /forum/post/16918864


I think that this is worth it. The XS1 is the best LCD set that I have seen in a mass market release by far, followed by the XBR8. If I could afford it I would replace my current 52" with this in a heartbeat.

did u see low price on 65 inch too.


is tv on display any where in sfo bay area
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
I guess there aren't any reviews out yet? I just gfot an internal email from my job offering a discount - I can get the 52LE700UN for $1699.99. I'm wondering if I should jump on this one.
 

·
Vendor
Joined
·
29,862 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonyHD /forum/post/16911677


I wonder what major retailers in the U.S. will be carrying these sets? Also would be curious to see how they compare to Samsung's LNB750 series, which is not LED but is considered to be the top LCD with 240hz.
32LE700UN and 46LE700UN just hit
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
Yeah, I saw this price too, really tempered


Quote:
Originally Posted by trespoochies /forum/post/16937934


I guess there aren't any reviews out yet? I just gfot an internal email from my job offering a discount - I can get the 52LE700UN for $1699.99. I'm wondering if I should jump on this one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
392 Posts
I am curious too to see how this new sharp X-gen panel performs. Coupled with the LEDs, even though non-LD, this set sounds like it has potential.


I am not really in the market for a new set right now, but there are some good prices on these for anyone with an employee discount program.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
283 Posts
I seen this set yesterday in 32",it was below the samsung leds and panasonic plasmas.I must say,it held its own against those more exspensive tv's.But i also have to add that the LG LH30 in 32",was next to it and it came real close to the pq of the Led Sharp.
 
101 - 120 of 2514 Posts
Top