AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Ultimate Electronics on Rainbow in Las Vegas has one on display (check it out during a Comdex visit).

The color and picture quality were very good. Picture seemed a little dim in complete darkness but looked better with some lights on (probably due to the type of screen being used). I wasn't able to watch any credits to check for rainbows.

Seeing it reinforced in my mind the need for 1500+ lumens in a projector. Maybe when Sanyo comes out with a 16:9 light cannon I'll be ready to write a check.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have had a 9000 for about 1 month. I have watched 20+ movies and some HDTV shows on it. I am currently using it in a light controlled room and projecting onto a plain wall which is slightly off-white (very light tan). In general I find the image EXCELLENT. My only gripe is that when there are supposed to be black bars it is definitely not black but rather a dark grey. It obviously allows some light through when projecting black. I have not seen the 'rainbow effect' with this projector. I plan on eventually getting a screen for it (probably grayhawk) but I am in no hurry as the picture is so good even w/o a screen.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Brain cramp! The Ulimate Electronics on Rainbow has the new Yamaha and the Tropicana store has the new Sharp.

The Sharp has a much better picture than any other DLP or LCD that I've seen (not counting Dila). Perhaps the DLP tri-color optics will get the brightness levels I'd like to have...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.