Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi-

I really like the Sharp 9000 picture most of the time. There is absolutely nothing 'wrong' with the Sharp's colors except that I cannot make them match my old LCD RPTV. I realize that my old TV did not have accurate colors, but I liked them.

So I feel a need to tweak, but I don't know where to start. Basically, I would like to change the green and make skin tones a bit more red, but I cannot get there with the user menu.

Should I go to the service menu? Should I create a custom Gamma setting? Should I buy filters? Can anyone tell me where to start?

Thanks,

Tim

·
Registered
168 Posts
You can start by setting it to run at color temp -2 (I think), which was supposed to be close to D6500 with a bump of 1 on red and -2 on blue, according to measurements that Don Stewart did a while back. That was actually supposed to be pretty filmlike as-is then. There are further tweaks (increase the red gain, less so for blue and green) which you'll need to hit the service menu for.

There were some threads on that a while back- probably 'sharp' and 'service menu' search will take you there. I'm running with those tweaks and am pretty happy, though I keep meaning to drop back to 'default' to see how much of a difference it really made and how far away from D65K it seems that I am now.

I haven't ever seen anyone post about having tried custom gamma curves. I'm guessing that this, with measurement equipment, would probably let you get a bit further still.

-Step

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.