Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi:

I am planning to purchase a Sharp XV-Z9000U DLP projector. Though I haven't seen it in action (they don't have it here in Sacramento, CA) I have been reading rave reviews about it. I have a host of questions:

1. I saw the Yamaha DPX-1 in action and I liked it. Now, is the Sharp 9000 unit with 800 Lumens GOOD for my home theare room which will be darkened though there may be little ambient light (during the daytime)??

2. Also, a dealer was telling me that I need to purchase a $900 (min) Scaler to smoothen images since the Sharp does NOT do a good job. Is this true??? Could someone confirm and refute this??? Also, the Sharp techie told me that I can't watch HDTV through the Sharp without a Decoder ----is this true???

3. The local Paradyme dealer recommended that I have a 110" viewing diagonal screen (my room is about 23' x 18' rectangle). What is the optimum screen diagonal screen size (I plan to have seats DIRECTLY in front of the screen about 14' (min) from the screen) that I need to have to be able to see good quality picture???

4. I am considering a Da-Lite Cinema Contour (customized for 110" viewing diagonal, Hi-Gain (2.5) screen) for my projector screen. Is this good enough (without sacrificing quality) or need I go for more expensive Grayhawk screen??

5. I have a Sony DVD, Zenith VCR, Dish all hooked up through a Sony Component Receiver.....in terms of cabling, do I just need a Component Cable from my Receiver to the Sharp projector?? Or do I need additional cables....FYI, I want to be able to view TV programs, VCR movies, and DVD movies through my Sharp.

6. I have to hang the Sharp DLP on my ceiling (my room is vaulted and I have to suspend the Sharp from the center). What kind of brackets do I require??? Also, if there are installation instructions I would appreciate it.

Thanks a ton for your HELP!! I really appreciate it. (I am a Newbie!)

Thanks again.

Amar

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.