AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sharp 9000 + Faroudja NR - anyone here who has seen this particular combo?

I talked to a contact at Faroudja, and he indicated that

this combination is excellent (with 16:9 720p NR) based on feedback/reports from Faroudja's sales force in the field.

Looking for input here, no such products available in my area.

Thanks

Jeff

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
I believe there is someone on this forum whom actually owns this combo in Hong Kong. I'll try and find the post for you.

Spero D.

·
Registered
529 Posts
F.Y.I.- My Z9000 and NRS has been ordered from Jason at AVS and will hopefully be here within two weeks. I will be using a Cal Audio CL2500 DVD player (interlaced) to feed the NRS. Screen is a 100" diagonal 16:9 Stewart GreyHawk. I have total light control, and viewing distance will be from about 15 feet. I will also have some AC tweaks, as the projector will be plugged into a PS Audio P600 (PS2 multiwave) and there is also an PS Audio HC Ultimate Outlet at the ceiling where the projector will mount. The Cal and NRS will also be plugged into a PS Audio P300 (SS1 or SS5 multiwave). We shall see how much they improve the quality of the picture. I am also using a 35 foot 5 wire RGB cable (BNC on NRS end, RCA on Sharp end) made by BetterCables (SilverSerpent). I am just waiting for the Z9000 and NRS to be delivered and I am good to go! Everything else is all set, so I'll probably need a good day to finish the setup and do some calibrations. As soon as I'm done I'll report back and hopefully be able to answer any questions. BTW- Jason at AVS is very helpful and could probably answer a lot of questions as he did for me. Prices at AVS are also outstanding. The dealer where I saw the Z9000 wouldn't budge from the $9995 price, as he said they are selling their stock at that price as soon at it arrives. The people buying must not be AVS Forum members!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.