AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To help settle a dispute on another thread in this Forum I would like to know who, besides myself, bought a Sharp 9000 for $7000 from an internet based source.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I was quoted $7000 by a local authorized Sharp dealer. Didn't get it though, that's still out of my price range.

-phil

·
Registered
134 Posts
In my local area in Miami, i seen one for $6900.00 US model 3 months ago. In my local Sound Advice its now running for $10,000.00 + tax. I don't know what they are smoking.......

The SAD thing is they sold me a old non working Hughes E86 for $650.00 out the door. I cam back the next day pi..ed off and cut up both of my Sond Advice credit cards in front of the manager. I hate their sales people...

·
Banned
9,999 Posts
nmdavenport, its no longer a case of believing you got your projector for $7075, but that your purchase event being applied to current purchase opportunities is more to the point in question.

You made those people discussing the Japanese purchase for $2K less seem trivial base upon your purchase. But, your purchase was more than six months ago, you stated your dealer could not offer that deal again, and then declined to further details for those preparing to make the purchase to consider 'all avenues'.

That's not being helpful. Quite the contrary! Anyone can go buy a 9000 for $5184, but they cannot get one through your dealer for $2K more. That is the only thing I'm pointing out, but somehow this was missed.

Cheers!

PS You may want to re-issue this inquiry in a poll-form to make for easy and rapid poll responses. One simply needs to look at the numbers. Let me poll for all those being bored on a Friday evening!

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=144363

·
Registered
916 Posts
Neo,

I'm in Miami. (you're from Tampa or Miami?)

Out of curiosity, where did you see the 9000 for $6,900?

By the way, Sound Advice is smoking the really expensive genetically altered stuff because they are STILL asking $10K for the 9000!

·
Registered
185 Posts
I paid $7,400 for projector and ceiling mount (retail on mount is $250) at a Mid level retailer in Twin cities in Nov. 2001.

IT was a demo with 250hrs. on it. It came with full warranty.

I now have 650Hrs. on it and could not be happier with it.

I would highly recommend considering a demo if you get full warranty.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Coot...

I bought the projector at Audio King in Woodberry.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.