AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received my refurbished sharp, unit powered up and then overheated and shut down. Worked with phone support (nice people, good support), determined that fan was not working so they gave me a return authorization and i packed it up this morning and shipped it out for a refund.

On a wild hunch i contacted another large vendor to see when they would have a HS20 available, they said they could have a unit shipped direct and to me by the third week in october, so i order one. Lets see how long it takes to come in.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Interesting. I did not even know the HS20 was released yet. Release in Japan is supposed to be somewhere around the 3rd week in October, so even if you ordered it from there, how are you going to get it so soon?

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You have a pm uther.

This is a State side company, shipping units directly from sony, i am waiting for my emailed conformation.

·
Registered
23 Posts
can you PM me with that info as well?

I was thinking about waiting for a review or *some* feedback before ordering, but it's good to find out the sources/prices.

Thanks.

-vas

·
Registered
52 Posts
Please do share (PM/Email) which state side company this is.

My posterior is positively numb from sitting on the fence for so long, and I've already decided I'm getting the HS20 sight and reviews unseen. So whoever can get it to me first is getting my money.

·
Registered
899 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Oh yeah... me too!! :D

I'm thinking about getting the AE500, but maybe the HS20 would be a better option.

Hmm... these descisions are too difficult!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Please email me or PM me as well, I just bought the VPLLCT10 lens for it as well! :D

thanx!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Anyone else getting conflicting statements on the availability of the HS20?

One dealer (the "crackers" site) has said the following as of 10/4:

"No pricing and most likely not until January 2004. If Sony delivers product

in Japan EOM October 2003... US product is 60-90 days out. They still do not have pricing in Japan as of yet..."

They are a respectable dealer and a big Sony dealer so you would think they would know what is going on. Other dealers have notes like "Available November 1" on their web sites and have already listed a price both MSRP and their discounted price.

If the October date really is the Japanese release date as the one dealer has said, how long before we will see units. How long was it between the HS10 press release announced availability date and unit shipping in the US? Anyone know?

I'll be very interested to see if George's unit ships the third week on October.

-Gary.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by greighn
If the October date really is the Japanese release date as the one dealer has said, how long before we will see units. How long was it between the HS10 press release announced availability date and unit shipping in the US? Anyone know?
One site I checked with said they expect the HS20 around mid-November.

The HS10 was announced at last year's CEDIA, and there were people on this forum that had them in hand around mid-November, if I remember correctly.

--Scott

·
Registered
55 Posts
I am really really curious about this projector. I think it sounds like the best PJ solution for under 6K. I was going to buy the Sharp 10k but I still see rainbows on the HD2's color wheels. The Sanyo PLV-70 doesn't have the contrast this has and no HDCP. Will this Sony have HDCP via HDMI? Also, any chance of getting a group buy with this thing somewhere?

Can someone also recommend other PJ's that compete?

Thanks all

·
Registered
789 Posts
The Japan release date is November 1, and pricing has already been set because a ton of dealers are already taking pre-orders for delivery in November.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
sorry i did not get back here sooner, i went golf for 5 days and just came home. I received my order confirmation and my scheduled delivery date is Nov 14th. They also called and apologized, my sales person was working from the information in her system which was apparently incorrect. She did say that there is a chance i will get it earlier, but it would still be November.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.