AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I Have had my sharp 9000 for 6 months now,but lately more and more I am noticing when watching movies,when either the camera is `panning` past a stationery object/person or when a object or person is moving past a stationary camera the image appears to `break up` or `blur` for a split second ,as soon as the object or camera has stopped moving,the image is perfect again,this does not happen all the time,but now i find myself looking for it.....which is really spoiling my enjoyment of movies and this fine piece of equipment,I can`t say if it has happened from new or if i am now getting used to it and getting hyper critical, the signal is fed from a pioneer 737....used to be from a Sony 9000,but i can`t say i noticed it much or remember it happening then ,but i had only just got the PJ, i changed to the pioneer 737 because of the player allows you more adjustment over the picture.... :confused:

·
Registered
935 Posts
Paul,

Ditto that for me. I see that from time to time also. It's as if the scaler is having trouble keeping up with the program material.

Harlan

·
Registered
418 Posts
This is a DLP artifact and doesn't go away with an outboard scaler. Some have referred to this as "temporal dithering." Do a search and you will see lots of posts in the past about this. Nothing is wrong with your projector.

Corey J.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Thanks...I've seen that expression used a lot.

Harlan

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Corey.....please don`t tell me that :( ,I was hoping i was doing something wrong or there was some sort of external scaler upgrade that would sort it out....because apart from this i really do like my sharp 9000,thanks for the prompt replies guys,oh well i must be getting more critical, maybe time to try and convince my wife that we really DO need that crt :) ..........think she might take a lot of persuading though. thanks again all

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.