AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help me determine the range of image alignment correction when the 9000 is ceiling mounted with a 11.5 foot throw. Also given the above, what diagonal image measurements will I get with min and max zoom.

·
Registered
565 Posts
If you mean by image alignment, moving the picture up and down on the screen. It is done mechanically and, per a demo at LaserLand in San Jose, one full screen height up or down from the center position. I didn't see that occur - I found it a bit hard to believe.

If you mean keystoning, there is a huge digital keystone adjustment, which I did see. It looked good.

This projector, which looked fabulous to me, has a great deal of flexibility as far as placement goes. Check it out, you are only an hour away.

Re Sharp's formula for 16:9 screens, where x =the diagonal screen in inches, the maximum distance is

(0.05510x-0.04593) times 3.28.

Minimum Distance is (0.04068x-0.04068x-0.04369) times 3.28

[This message has been edited by Norde (edited 09-30-2001).]

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought a projector from LaserLand and am VERY pleased with it!!!

I mounted mine on a shelf 14' back and I can attest it does adjust about 1 screen size. I was off by about an inch and elevated the back and used keystone to adjust it just two clicks and it is perfect now.

From the manual (for 16:9 screens) you can get the following at 11.5 feet (range of 15' - 11'1''):

Max Screen 84" diag (73x41) and your lens center can be 3.5' from bottom edge...basically a screen width)

If you can get to 12'1" you can get to a 92" diag (80x45) which is what I have and it is quite nice.

My only suggestion is that if you have any ambient light get a screen with some gain. I have 1.0 and with any light it gets washed out, they showed it with a 2.5 and it looked great even with some light. Perhaps something in the middle if you have some light.

good luck

·
Registered
111 Posts
RonnyT,

Can you clarify the lens shift feature a little more for me?

Is the projector designed to have the lens lined up with the top/bottom of the screen or in the center of the screen?

If you aligned it with the top, does the pj need to be upside down or is there enough mechanical/optical lens shift to shift the picture down one screen height?

You mentioned that you used keystoning when you were an inch off in your setup. Had you already used all your optical lens shift?

How many degrees does your manual say that the projector can optically shift the image?

Thanks,

------------------

Jim Lauritzen

·
Registered
111 Posts
Bump

------------------

Jim Lauritzen

·
Registered
364 Posts
Jim,

Since the projector can be shifted by almost 1 screen height, you can either mount it upright or upside down. But the mount point can not be higher than the top of the screen.

Cam

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.