AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a Sharp 9000 (or better yet a z10000 if someone knows), could someone check my math on mounting and offset.

** Room size 25x16, ceiling 7"8" (6'8" at duct drop portion) **

In order to clear a 12" duct drop which perpendicular runs across my room at the 9' mark (too close for 106" image), I need to move the pj behind but project under the duct using a mount that can clear the 12" depth (in other words so the lens would then sit just under the 12" drop).

With all that in mind, do I have any offset issues, as with that height needed to clear the duct, I don't want the screen to low. Is there offset issues with the Sharp's as with other projectors? Can I assume my screen top edge can be in line with the center of the lens?

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have a Shapr 9000. I would think that you aould be fine. There is a dial on the top of the machine that will shift the image up or down. The lens for the projector has to be within so much distance of the screen. I do not have the manual with me now and can not remember the number. But is your lens is within the screen it shoudl be fine.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm new at this so.....

The 9000 manual talks about offsets and seems to say that you need for example a 4"1" offset for a 100" diag screen. I am probably reading this wrong, but it sounds like I can have the lens height be the top of the projected screen (again due to lmitations the projector will have to hang lower.

·
Registered
262 Posts
If you mount the Sharp anywhere but in the center (vertically) of the screen you'll need to use the keystone adjustment since the image, assuming you mount above vertical center, is wider at the bottom of the screen (light travels a greater distance at the bottom with a ceiling mount). You can actually mount the projector slightly above the top of the screen and the keystone will allow you to "square" the picture. Keystone adjustment could not be simpler (takes about 5 seconds with the remote). If you are mounting below the top of the screen you are good to go, no worries (assuming you are within the minimum and maximum throw distances - check the manual for this).

The offset you refer to may be the horizontal offset needed to account for the fact that the projector lens is not in the center of the projector. When mounting, make sure the lens in centered horizontally with the center of the screen. If you mount the projector itself in the center of the screen your image will be a few inches off (to the left, I believe, on a ceiling mount).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.