1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

what is best value for money:

- sanyo 60 for $4,800 or

- sharp 9000 for $6,500?

prefer answers from folks who have seen both.

also, are either good enough to buy sight unseen - especially if you are not in a position to compare them head-on?

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
I think that Sanyo is pretty darned good and a steal for the price..

But the answer is the one that looks best to YOU and fits YOUR budget the best.

-- Cain

·
Registered
13 Posts
had the plv 60 had to send it back to be fixed came back worse got my money back now looking at the sharp 9000 which i think is better type looked real bad on plv60 slight ghost image to the right blacks not that good great blacks on the sharp no sign of rainbow to me, also waiting to take a look at the new hatachi available october lcos 1500 lumens

500-1 contrast ratio quite same res as dila's

·
Registered
73 Posts
Meta,

I have the same questions!

I didn't see the PLV-60 because I didn't find it over here (Bay area). I saw the Z9000 and I liked because I didn't see the rainbow effect ( to be honest, I saw for a nanosecond but "pushing" myself to see it). I saw the HT200 (Séleco) and I saw a lot of rainbow effect and I used it as benchmark! Z9000 is better!

MoocaT

·
Registered
657 Posts
The Sanyo is a good projector but I really like the Sharp. Just got done watching the Hawaiina Tropic thing on HDNet through the Sharp.

wow

·
Registered
5,574 Posts
You need to see them for yourself but I would prefer the Sharp. The PLV-60 is probably the best LCD for HT, but I prefer DLP's generally and the Sharp in particular.

You might take a look at the Seleco's. Many people like the HT250 very much; I probably prefer it to the Sharp on the basis of colors and details in dark scenes.

I am anxious to see the new Seleco HT300, which is WXGA 16X9 DLP but will include the Faroudja processing.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
I would spend the extra cash for the Sharp. Never seen the PLV-60, but own an XP21N. Saw the Sharp at CEDIA and it was impressive, although it had 1080i source material which helped. Sanyo makes darn good projectors. If rainbows are a real problem for you the Sanyo would be a better choice though.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Nobody asked the most important question!

Where can we get the Sharp 9000 for $6500! Now even I'm interested. Drool drool.

--Les

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by arrow:
Nobody asked the most important question!

Where can we get the Sharp 9000 for $6500! Now even I'm interested. Drool drool.

--Les
Tokyo...

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Quote:
Hello All

I should buy the sharp I visit cedia 3 days and find that the sharp is the best digital projector available
Another happy Sharp camper. Seems the preference for the Sharp over the DWIN 16:9 and the Seleco HT300 16:9 continues.

Spero D.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.