Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read the manual but I have 2 questions:

1) what is the warranty on the 9000? Is it 3 years like the Sony and Sanyo?

2) does the lamp life decrease if you use the higher bulb output of 800? It doesn't say so either way.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I've got the same bulb life question. Some have said that you can get more bulb life by running the 9000 in Theater Mode at 600 lumens instead of its regular 800 lumen mode. But there is a timer and at 2000 hours you're supposed to replace the bulb to prevent bulb explosion and damage to the 9000. I assume the timer does not go slower when running at 600 lumens, so there doesn't seem to be any advantage... except blacks may blacker because there is less light output.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have been told by one distributor that the warranty is 1 year. I am going to see the Sharp again tonight and I'll ask again.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Augie
I've got the same bulb life question. Some have said that you can get more bulb life by running the 9000 in Theater Mode at 600 lumens instead of its regular 800 lumen mode. But there is a timer and at 2000 hours you're supposed to replace the bulb to prevent bulb explosion and damage to the 9000. I assume the timer does not go slower when running at 600 lumens, so there doesn't seem to be any advantage... except blacks may blacker because there is less light output.
Bump.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Still looking for answers. What's the warranty on the Sharp? How does the bulb timer work? Does it "slow down" during 600 lumen Theater Mode use?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.