AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Epson 5040UB projector, Denon 6300, 7.1.4 setup, M&K THX speakers and SVS subwoofer
3,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been going broke replacing $375 lamps in my Sony 400Q projector due to them only lasting around 600 hours (although the specs state some ridiculous figure like 2,000 hours), I'm interested in the Sharp 9000 but am curious what type of lamp life I can expect from it.

If anyone has any insight into what the REAL lamp life will be (not just the manufacturer's claim), I'd love to hear it. Also, what's the cost of a replacement lamp for the 9000?

·
Registered
568 Posts
My previous-generation Sharp DW100U is spec'ed at 2000 hours and it ran about 1500--and we discovered that it was aged prematurely by a very clogged air filter. (We've had a lot of construction.) The one other individual who's got one that I know is at 1900 hours and counting.

·
Registered
38 Posts
As a newbie pj owner-to-be, I was just wondering is there a lamp life counter...or are these figures educated guesses?? Also, does picture quality go downhill toward the end of lamp life. I would guess that it does, but I thought I'd ask.

Dr D

·
Registered
479 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dr1574
As a newbie pj owner-to-be, I was just wondering is there a lamp life counter...or are these figures educated guesses??
There is a lamp life counter that can be accessed via the projector's menu system.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I just called Sharp (1-877-388-7427) and was told that the bulb will last the same amount of time regardless of what mode you use: Normal or Bright.

Someone else should call and see if they get the same answer just to be sure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.