AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running an HTPC with a Sharp 9000?

I am trying to do it and running into scaling/overscan issues. I am using an RGBHV breakout into input#2 but I don't seem to be able to feed it a signal which disables the internal scaler. Actually, I don't know how to really tell if the scaler is being used or not...

I am feeding it a 1280x720 @60Hz signal and it is scaling it such that approx 5% of my window on all sides is missing...

-Jon

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Jon,

I don't have the answer, but I would like to know it. The 9000 is the unit that I would like to buy. However, I will be using it with an HTPC. As such, the answer to this question is very important to me.

What video card are you using? Are you syncing on the H and the V? Did you ever get an answer out of the DLP crowd? How does something like textpad look?

-Steve

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
*Bump*

I would also like to know from anyone else with a Sharp what the OSD shows with an incoming signal when the internal scaler is disabled. Even with a 720p signal from an NRS, it still says "Stretch" on mine...Although it doesn't let me change stretch modes and it doesn't "appear" stretched...Stuff looks great.

But I can't get it to stop strecthing my XBox signal nor my HTPC signal...

-Jon

·
Registered
387 Posts
Check in at the DLP/LCD forum instead, I remember reading several threads there discussing the 9000 and bypassing the internal scaler. Apparently there is no easy way.

This thread seems to be a good place to start:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...threadid=23727

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.