AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have model number LC32D62U. I was wondering if this is an issue or am I just being paranoid. I have the set plugged into a surge protector along with a computer, router, and modem. Those are the only 4 things on it. Yesterday, I had everything running, and for the first time in 2 years of owning the TV it quickly shut off and turned back on. Everything else on the SP stayed on with no interruption. Could this be a random power surge to TV? If so why didn't anything else turn off. Is my set going bad? It hasn't done it since. I'm a bit concerned as I'm not looking forward to the hassle of replacing or repairing the set. Anyone else experience this with this set or any other set? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Maybe a bit paranoid, but nothing to seek help with.

You have had a sudden drop in power and the TV might have been more sensitive to the drop than the other devices. A surge protector will help with spikes, but doesn't protect against drops in current.

If it happens again, it is probably a good reason to start geting concerned.

For protection, I have my tv hooked up to an uninterruptable power supply that kicks in if the power drops or goes out. Cost was very reasonable and it has worked flawlessly for me during power outages, allowing me to shut down everything in an orderly fashion.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts