AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this TV doesn't say its HDTV, and lists it resolution at 854x480...... but will this TV take an HDTV signal via it's component inputs from my DTC-100 and downconvert it?

or will those component inputs ONLY work with a progressive DVD player to provide 16:9 content....

thanks for any info...

·
Super Moderator
21,492 Posts
Hello- I saw this at Best Buy and the specs were kind of vauge:

accepts 480 (my guess is 480i only)

so if your stb puts out 480i component video, you should be OK

Mark

·
Registered
230 Posts
A friend of mine has one of these: it runs everything at 480p.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
The T221 is a nice LCD but the resolution is not adequate for it. Too much information packed into a small area, you find yourself straining to read text, photoshop palettes, etc. Something like the SGI 1600sw but worse. Think about the resolution of the T221 3.840 x 2.400!!, insane for a 22" LCD monitor, don't you agree?

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Esben
Are they the same panel?
Nah, I'm just trying to beat Fevo to the punch. He seems to be trawling up old LCD threads and posting the same thing on each one so I figured I'd join in the fun whether it was related or not.

In hindsight, with my track record on non-amusing attempts to be funny, I should have realized this would serve more to confuse than to amuse.

·
Super Moderator
21,492 Posts
Thanks Divvy-

it all makes sense to me now

I sent a PM

Mark:D

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just noticed the new LTM-225W 22" samsung LCD HDTV.... looks like it has everything for not that bad of a price..... $2000.... now if I can find one....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.